Tuesday 25 May 2010

Dare to dream ...

When I started this blog a few days ago, life changed immediately. I felt very motivated to do something about my weight, and to turn my life around. So for the past few days, I have eaten three meals a day only, and haven't binged at all.

Then yesterday, I stopped for a wrap in Starbucks when it wasn't a meal time. And I overate a bit at dinner. And today, I have felt very unmotivated to do anything much - just tired really. I haven't eaten particularly sensibly, either - had loads of biscuits, earlier.

It isn't just about the food, I knew that instinctively, right at the outset. It's all to do with my state of mind, and how positive, or otherwise, I'm feeling about the day and what I'm doing. If I'm not OK, or I'm bored, or feel overwhelmed by all I have to do, I start wanting to eat.

I think this is going to be about keeping myself excited about life. That's going to be a challenge, because I've forgotten how to dare to dream I will actually succeed. I've lost a lot of confidence over the years - which is an issue I need to address.

No comments:

Post a Comment