Wednesday 2 June 2010

I've lost weight

In the two weeks since I have started this blog I have lost ... wait for it ...

9lbs!

Now let me tell you that I know this is not a good weight loss for 2 weeks. I'm supposed to be losing at a rate of 1-2lbs per week. However, I can't help feeling just a tinsy winsy bit proud that I have managed to achieve a loss already! I have been thinking long and hard about whether or not I should be happy about this 9lb loss ... and do you know what?

I'm going to be happy!

I'm also going to use the result as a starting point to go and get some advice about the best weight loss programme to fit me, check I haven't cut down too much too soon, and start looking for answers to questions I have about dieting vs healthy eating for life.

PS. BMI is 31.57!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic result... be aware that the first 2-3 weeks tend to be big and tend to include surplus fluid. The good news is that it confirms you are on the right path. My money is on the fact that you may eat and exercise exactly the same way next week and lose 1-2lbs. Which again I would take as confirmaion that you are on the right path. The secret is to find a diet and an exercise regime that is sustainable... Don't be afraid to reduce the amount you walk for a day if you ar feeling tired. Listen to your body and avoid burnout. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, keep going!

    I say it on my blog quite regularly, this is a marathon not a sprint!

    ReplyDelete